We know that many of you have been waiting for this nice feature. And it’s already here. From now on you can turn any email into task very easily. Just send (or forward) any message to one particular email address, and Hightrack will take care of the rest.
Your personal address
As Premium user, now you have a unique email address to send your messages. You will find it in Settings > Account.
Very Important: Your message must be sent from the address you used to sign in to Hightrack or your task won’t be created!
How to create tasks
You can use both the Subject line and the Body of the message:
- Subject: add here the main information for the task: name, list it belongs to, tags and due date (currently, it accepts today & tomorrow).
- Body: the body of the message will be saved in the Description field (you can add up to 280 characters). If you send more text, it will be turn into a note.
Subject Line Syntax
This is the syntax base:
Task name @list #tag1 #tag2 #tag3 !due date
The only mandatory part is the task name. It’s up to you if you want to add a list, tags or due date. You must always write the task name in the first place; after that, the order you write the tags, list or due date doesn’t matter.
Due Date: Currently, you can set Today or Tomorrow as Due date. But more options will be added soon :-)
Some examples to get you an idea:
- Make report with last sales @marketing #reports #team !today
- Debug homepage code #debug !tomorrow
- Call Mike for next meeting !today
- Update Netﬂix movie list @personal #online #movies #family
As we receive tons of tasks by Email, we think you will love this new feature, because it will speed up your workflow tremendously. Well, go enjoy it :-)